We are a Green Biz!
Jewelry is about beauty, of course. But we feel that peronalized jewelry is about more than that. It is about love, passion, joy, celebration and responsibility.
A natural extension of that belief is a commitment to ensuring we leave the world a better place than we found it, and to do all we can to make jewelry in a sustainable and earth-friendly manner.
We are proud to be a certified green business by the California Green Business Program. This certification is in recognition of our ongoing work and commitment to running an environmentally-friendly small business.
Some of the methods we use to minimize our green impact are:
- Recycling & reusing of paper products, and high post-consumer waste paper products
- Low-energy lighting & equipment
- Rechargable batteries
- We use recycled silver and other metals whenever possible. We also recycle our own products in process if they don't meet our standards. In hand stamping jewelry, you can get 29 out of 30 letters stamped well, but if the 30th isn't just right, you have to start over!
- Environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Monitor our monthly energy, water and heating use to ensure it meets green requirements
- Commute in low-impact methods (we walk, ride bikes and own electric cars!)